Getting ready to post a job to Craigslist for the first time?
We've got easy, step-by-step instructions for you to make this as easy as possible.
1. Go to Craigslist.org, find the city you want to post in and click on it.
2. Click “post to classifieds.”
3. Click “job offered,” then "continue."
4. Select the type of job you’re offering.
5. Fill in all the necessary fields, including email address (keep the Craigslist relay setting on to avoid spam), title, post body, compensation and employment type. Use the CL mail relay to avoid spam to your email address. Then click continue.
6. Locate your business on the map.
7. Craigslist will now prompt you to add more images. If you didn't already add them via HTML, you really should add some now - it helps greatly in getting your post noticed. Click "Done with Images" when you’re ready to move on. Also, if you have both a map and an image, it helps your ad stand out a little more, as you'll see below.
8. Review your job posting, then click publish. You’ll see the total price here too.
9. Check your email and confirm your address. It will tell you that further action is required after you hit publish.
11. To pay, you can login to an existing account, or select “Pay Now.” Once you've paid, that's it!
Now that you know how to post, continue reading to learn how to post well.